I celebrated New Year's Eve with a quilting marathon. In addition to Tree #2 which I posted yesterday, I also finished Tree # 3 (it was almost done already, though).
Susan Carlson's book- I glued snippets of fabric to the front, wrapped around the edge, and glued them on the back. I really like how it looks on the front, but I think it's kind of messy on the back. But I didn't want to see a line of binding around the edge, and it was too stiff to turn under for a facing. So this seemed like the best option. In this picture, I've almost finished the edging, and you can see the back of the quilt with room for about 3 more snippets.
I ironed the label on at 11:43 pm Dec 31- so I can say I finished it in 2013!
Happy New Year, and thanks for reading!