Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Value quilt

With a (self-imposed) deadline looming, I decided the best way to beat burn-out is to start a new project! I'd really like to finish Tree #1 in time to enter NQA, but recently my desire to finish it has been a little stressful and the project isn't so fun anymore.  So I decided to put it away for a few days.

In the meantime, Katie at SewKatieDid has a fun and easy tutorial for the Value Quilt that I've admired for awhile. I decided this is the perfect fast project to re-invigorate me.

I'm still re-arranging to make the value differences more obvious in some places.  And I need more pieces- I want it to be big enough to be a throw for the living room.  Maybe I'll back it with flannel or Minky to make it nice and snugly.

I like the mix of fresh, modern fabrics with a thrifted shirt, and some old favorites from my stash.


I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.  Take a look to see tons of inspiring projects in the works!

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors. Blue and yellow is a favorite combination of mine. Viewing this on the computer really shows the lights vs. the darks. Maybe a series of small quilts in different color combos--blue and orange (another favorite), or two right next to each other--green and yellow or black and yellow. Maybe I'll do one of these! Sounds like fun. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete